Thursday, March 31, 2016

Janie's Crazy Quilt

Crazy Quilt made by my friend Janie 

Janie has her quilt after I basically just stitched it down for her 
using invisible thread so that her beautiful machine stitching would shine! 


This quilt started after I gave Janie oriental fabrics from my stash. The Floral print in the center of each block is one of them which became her focus fabric, pulling fabrics from the fabric gifted to her as well as from her own stash. In fact, I see three fabrics from Amaretto Cottage that we worked on together last year. Foundation pieced onto muslin, then Janie added her decorative stitches, sewed the blocks together and added the green stitching. Beautiful! She added the borders and then started adding embellishments. I had to stop her at that point! "No more metal objects until the longarm quilting is done" was my request! 

  
I used a smoke invisible thread from Superior to stitch down the blocks. First time that I've used it on my longarm and my Innova handled it beautifully! This machine just keeps amazing me! I switched to a black SoFine50 to add a design in the borders and some white to SID along the inner border. Last was to add Janie's binding, the same gorgeous fabric as the backing...

Batting is Quilter's Dream Wool 
Gorgeous quilt Janie! Thank you
So happy you joined us for lunch yesterday!


I have one more quilt to finish today to complete the month with every quilt promised in March quilted. It was a crazy busy month and April looks to be about the same, overbooked trying to squeeze in quilts along with those set aside last year after Mom's care and passing. Crazy business is longarming. Crazy as a quilt!!!

Tot ziens, Jo 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is back on thanks to recent spammers

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...