Thursday, July 21, 2011

Baby "Boot"ies

Here is a pic of the "booties" I made. They are sitting on the fabrics I am using to make the baby quilt that will be given with them. Also making a special place mat for the baby's big sister, Emma who recently turned 2 years old, pieced from the same fabrics. I quilted the bootie fabrics first using jean weight variegated thread, then cut them out and sewed the pieces together. The top edge is meant to be cut with pinking sheers. Could not find mine so I snipped a sawtooth edge. The booties are a size 2 (6 to 12 mos). Just for fun and cute, don't you think?

This project as well as my BOWs have been put aside as I have jobs to do! They are fun jobs... well most of them. 

Duvet fabrics are in and work order arrived so that is ready to go. I rolled out the face fabric and lining yesterday to check for flaws and yardage. All good to go. The face fabric is a heavy upholstery chenille fabric. Gorgeous print with pine branches and cones. Very Tahoe. It is going to be a challenge, it will be VERY heavy and big, it's a King. Zipper closure instead of buttons. Not sure which is worse... Biggest challenge will be the stretch. Typical of upholstery fabric, the stretch is in the warp and this one is very stretchy. This one does not fall under the "fun job" category. VERY happy this will NOT be quilted!!!

 This, however, will be fun:  Fabrics that we ordered at Cathy's Sew and Vac came in this week. I picked up 10 bolts that are sitting on my work table waiting to be cut for the BOM and the store sample quilt. Fabrics chosen are bright jewel tones and batik fabrics. The pattern Jeni chose is by Pat Speth (Nickle Quilts) called Color Me Happy.


Tomorrow is the last of 4 beginning quilt classes, focus for this one is machine quilting and binding, that I teach at Cathy's. We are planning a new series in the Fall as well as the Color Me Happy BOM.  http://www.cathyssewandvac.com/

My personal fabric choices are 1880s reproduction and batiks ... how yin and yang is that? (Not together in the same quilt :0) lol

The Civil War block and 1880s blocks will have to wait until the weekend.

Also VERY fun is I am waiting on a delivery of fabrics... from Julie Hendrickson Miniatures collection... for the 1880s sampler quilt. I can't wait to see them!!!
!*!*!*!*Thank you to a very special person!*!*!*!*!

Added note: They came this afternoon!!! I LOVE them! Thank you Cheryl!!!!!!!!!!!

Off to work on the duvet...

2 comments:

  1. Those baby boots are so cute. Just found out we are both beginning quilting instructors! Wish I knew how to use a longarm like you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those booties are adorable!! Reproduction and batiks should turn out great.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is back on thanks to recent spammers

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...